We are currently looking to recruit Master for self propelled Jack up for our client from oil and gas production industry.
Permanent placement, salary depends on experience.
· All Marine aspects of the Irish Sea Pioneer and focal point for all Class and Flag State issues.
· Ensuring all tests, checks and procedures are in place prior to any jacking operation and transit
· Ensuring adequate weather information is collected prior to any jacking operation and transit
· Commanding of the Irish Sea Pioneer during transit voyages as marine Master
· Safe navigation of the vessel, its stability and seaworthiness
· Stability and weight distribution of the elevated unit
· Watch-keeping as required
· Monitoring the fire and gas panel and communications, including marine VHF, emergency UHF, shore-side telephones, fax and e-mail facilities during watch-keeping shift on the bridge
· Correct loading and discharge of all fluid in the Irish Sea Pioneer’s integral tanks
· Training and supervision of all deck personnel to ensure familiarisation in all aspects of operations and watch-keeping requirements
· Frequent inspection rounds of the vessel, with particular reference to health and safety requirements, to ensure all is in order
· On activation of the ISP GPA, reports to bridge emergency control team (ECT) as Incident Controller
· Review as per schedule company controlled manuals and submit changes under the document control procedures to office
· Ensure the Petrofac HSSE Advisor is kept informed on safety and pollution control issues
· Operational handover notes to be compiled for relief at the end of each tour of duty and copy to be sent to office
· Prepare work orders and work permits, requiring isolation as appropriate to progress maintenance activities
· Carry out effective reviews to maximize installation efficiency, identify spares required, and initiate ordering of same.
· Monitors and controls work by vendors/contractors within own remit.
· Accountable for execution of deck department planned and unplanned maintenance and assurance activities. Ensures the asset maintenance management system is updated
· Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training course
· OGUK medical and ENG.1 medical
· Certificate of Competency as Master Unlimited tonnage (Class II/2) (STCW.95) or
· Meet requirements of MSN 1856 4.2 certification for Master less than 300GT (Class II/2) (STCW.95)
· Panamanian Master Endorsement desirable but not essential.
· Anchor handling or ferry handling experience is considered advantageous.
· Experience in the offshore industry is advantageous
· Experience as Master
· Experience with a similar unit, which includes experience in lift boats, jack-up rigs or supply boats would be advantageous. Anchor handling or ferry handling experience is considered advantageous.
· LOLER awareness
· COSHH awareness
· Permit to work system awareness
· STOP and/or Synergi awareness
· H2S / breathing apparatus
· Advanced ship handling skills
· Recognised training course for OIM desirable but not essential
· Introduction to oilfield / well servicing
· Marine operations of self-elevating platforms desirable but not essential
Minimum Essential Documentation
- COC : A-II/ 2: Master, Unlimited
- Offshore Certification : BOSIET-Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
- Offshore Certification : MIST-Minimum Industry Safety Training
[button color=”grey” size=”big” alignment=”left” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.clyderecruit.com/job/master-for-self-propelled-jack-up/”]APPLY[/button]