POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
– Stands engine watch as instructed by the Staff Chief – Engineer and Engineer of the Watch.
– Maintain an efficient and alert watch in engine room during assigned period.
– During watch duty, continuously supervise Machinery Spaces and promptly report malfunctioning and abnormal conditions to Engineer of the Watch.
– Dedicate particular attention to bilge condition, upon request of Engineer of the Watch execute cleaning and maintenance under supervision.
– Ensure that during the watch duty, all Engineering Spaces have been duly inspected and abnormal situations promptly reported.
– Do not voluntarily operate any machine without previous authorization and supervision of Engineer of the Watch.
– Assist to duty motormen.
– Assists with general maintenance of the ship including cleaning, painting and repairs.
– Any spillage or cause of pollution is promptly reported and adequately controlled and cleaned.
– Implement all safe working practices in all tasks, including proper use of watertight doors, handling of chemical products and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
– Any additional duties as directed by the Staff Chief Engineer.
– The Oiler qualifications shall conform to all International and National conventions and regulations as required by the Flag State, and by the STCW.
– Experience on vessels in equivalent position.
– Knowledge of the Company SMS.
– Skills including but not limited to team work and engine room experience
36 Weeks Onboard & 9 Weeks Off
[button color=”grey” size=”big” alignment=”left” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://maritime-connector.com/job/norwegian-cruise-line-oilermaintenance-utility-4024/”]APPLY[/button]