Requirements & Summary
Company: Ensco Skills: Captain / Master Experience: 5 + Years Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.Located in region: North America
~~In anticipation of rigs being activated in our North and South American regions, Ensco is recruiting externally for Master. Vacancies for these roles may not be immediate and are contingent upon rigs being reactivated. Successful candidates must be willing to work anywhere in these regions.
The Master holds the ultimate authority onboard and shall take actions are required to ensure safety of the crew, protection of the environment and the MODU. The Master leads and manages all Emergency Responses. The Master supervises the marine department and the Dynamic Position Control Room and Operators and in conjunction with the Offshore Installation Manager (responsible for all work/operations management). The Master is responsible for the safe, compliant and efficient operation of the MODU.
• Five (5) or more years working in the marine industry with prior offshore drilling experience preferred
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• Degree from a recognized Maritime Academy or University
• Completion of all training and certification required by the Standards of Training for Certification of Watch Standers 1978 as amended for Master Tonnage vessels upon oceans
• Certification as a Dynamic Position Operator with two (2) years of employment
• Possession of Flag State document for the MODU
• Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the safety of the crew, protection of the environment and safety of the MODU through effective control of the MODU and MODU operations in compliance with international and local maritime laws and regulations.
• Ensure that all MODU stability criteria are maintained. This includes keeping a detailed and up to date record showing all weight and location changes
• Directly supervises and responsible for all MODU moves and station keeping operations.
• Monitors all operations potentially impacting seaworthiness of the MODU; ensure all operations are in accordance with Ensco Management System (EMS) and maritime regulations
• Ensure the watertight integrity of the MODU is maintained at all times
• Ensure material and equipment are properly secured for all sea and weather conditions
• Ensure safe helicopter operations are conducted
• Ensure that all vessels that enter the 500m Zone of the MODU are capable of safely performing their assigned task
• Reviews procedures for fuel loading and any vessel that may be secured to the MODU
• Communicates with the Chief Engineer/Barge Supervisor regarding loading, storage, and usage of fuel and water to maintain MODU draft and trim within stability limits
• Ensure navigational logs, all records, and all reports are maintained and submitted as required by Maritime Regulations and Ensco Marine Procedures
• Manages MODU surveys and the statutory certification process to ensure compliance to classification society requirements and maritime regulations
• Ensure that all navigation and station keeping aids and equipment are maintained to a high operational standard at all times and in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations
• Ensure that deck or marine system maintenance to equipment or structure is kept up to high standards of cleanliness, efficiency, and reliability
• Ensure that marine personnel are trained in accordance with Ensco Management System (EMS), and statutory requirements
• Ensure Ensco and client training and certificate requirements are met and up to¬ date at all times
• Investigates all marine-related MODU incidents; reports root causes and recommends corrective actions
• Ensure that proper Flag State licenses meet the Minimum Marine Manning Certificate
• Ensure that the MODU meets or exceeds all environmental requirements regarding Air Quality, Ballast Water Management, Waste Streams and Sewage. Coastal and Client requirements are of utmost importance
• Direct Mentor for Chief Officer
• Responsible for safety of MODU crew as well as his/her own safety
• Participates in MODU safety meetings and other MODU safety programs
• Shows commitment to Ensco safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
• Ensure the International Safety Management (ISM) regulations are compliant and that all ISM deficiencies are properly entered into, tracked and closed in the Data Base
• Develops and implements Job Safety Analyses (JSA) and prepares risk assessments as required
• In charge of the MODU and the emergency team in the event of a fire or other emergency; coordinates and participates in drills and exercises, including monitoring and evaluation of emergency team response as defined on the Station bill and by all maritime laws
• Ensure that all required drills are completed and properly recorded
• Performs all duties in accordance with Ensco Management System (EMS)
• Ensure that the Catering Company (if required), complies with all Ensco Management System (EMS), and performance requirements including high standards for hygiene, housekeeping and meal quality
• Provides input to the annual plan and budget; monitors budget to ensure cost-effective operations; reviews and approves all marine-related MODU expenses
• Provides required financial and operational reports and forecasts
• Provides input and recommendations for the hiring, transfers, promotions, and terminations of MODU personnel
• Ensure the roles, responsibilities, accountabilities, and performance measures of direct reports are defined, understood, and enforced
• Establishes goals and priorities with direct reports
• Establishes a system of accountability and monitors the performance of direct reports
• Reviews performance against unit measures; establishes initiatives with the team to achieve goals and objectives
• Assesses the competencies of direct reports, coaches, mentors, and works with them to enhance the required competencies
• Develops and implements mechanisms to achieve effective communication, coordination of effort information flow, and learning with direct reports
• Conducts and oversees performance and salary reviews of direct reports on a timely basis
• Ensure a high level of productivity, teamwork, and employee satisfaction among the marine department crew
• Ensure MODU supervisors are informed of any operational, maintenance, environmental, health, safety, training, and quality issues, and works with team or individual supervisors to develop and implement effective solutions
• Ensure effective communication with OIM, Rig Managers, and other shore-based personnel
• Keep written hand-over notes to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
Brazil, based in Macaé;
Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/992966_master?s=7&tid=1527