Requirements & Summary
Company: Ensco Skills: Ships Mate / Officer Experience: 2 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Location: Nigeria
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.Located in region: North America
~~In anticipation of rigs being activated in our Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific regions, Ensco is recruiting externally for 3rd Mate / DPO. Vacancies for these roles may not be immediate and are contingent upon rigs being reactivated. Successful candidates must be willing to work anywhere in these regions.
Navigational Watch Officer and Dynamic Positioning Operator responsible for the safe operation, and navigation of the MODU.
• One (1) or more years as Dynamic Position Operator on the same type vessel preferred
• At least two (2) years as Dynamic Position Operator on the same type of DP system
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Degree from a recognized Maritime Academy or University preferred
• Drilling experience may be substituted for a university degree
• Completion of all training and certification required by the Standards of Training for Certification of Watch Standers 1978 as amended for Officer in Charge of Navigational Watch (OICNW) Unlimited Tonnage vessels upon oceans
• Certification as a Dynamic Position Operator required
• Possession of Flag State document for the MODU
• Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for assisting the Master in the operation of the MODU by Ensco Management System (EMS), Contractor’s requirements and International Regulations. This includes Well Specific Operating Criteria and Power Management
• Ensure the MODU is safely navigated and operated in accordance with the Master’s Standing Orders and Ensco Management System (EMS)
• Responsible for the planning and execution of passage planning, identification of hazards to the navigation and review/update of nautical charts as required
• In charge of the DP operations in accordance with the Master’s instructions, manages the DP system in conformity with normal rules of operation, applying all the relevant procedures. Assists with communications/information flow between Bridge/Control Room and Drill Floor, Tool Pusher, ROV, crane crew, shore base and other parties. Thorough knowledge of the GMDSS and all other MODU communications systems
• Ensure all orders are issued in a clear and concise manner and understood
• Monitors all loading/unloading and transfer of personnel, supplies and equipment
• Ensure a smooth transition during crew / tour change
• Keep written hand-over notes to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information
• Train, supervise, mentor and instruct DP Trainees
• Ensure that the Stability of the MODU is maintained at all times in accordance with rules and procedures
• Assess and act on information obtained. This includes changing weather conditions, equipment failures and changing drilling conditions.
• Working knowledge of DP FMEA, DP redundancy requirements, DP class requirements including annual testing and IMCA guidance on DP systems
• Assist in reviewing and updating operating procedures to ensure that the MODU’s working operations are conducted in such a way that prevents injury to personnel and/or damage to the MODU or equipment
• Assist Sr. DPO with DP/Bridge procedures/Risk Assessments as instructed
• Ensures that accurate logs and reports are maintained with all relevant information entered and tracked
• Track, monitor and assist with any/all DP and Bridge equipment repairs, failures and testing
Health, Safety, and Environment Functions:
• Required to be fully conversant and comply with Ensco and Contractor’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policy and the Ensco Management System (EMS)
• Assist the Master to ensure compliance with pollution-prevention requirements. Document discrepancies and immediately inform the Master of these discrepancies. Required to be fully familiar with the MODU’s SOPEP & Waste Management Plan
• Ensure that all non-conformities, accidents, incidents, and near misses are documented and reported to the Master
• Assist in conducting drills and exercises
• Assist with meetings to discuss and inform personnel of safety and general issues concerning the Deck department
• Perform all duties assigned with the Safe System of Work (SSOW)
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
Brazil, based in Macaé;
Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.