Company: Nabors Skills: Rig Instrument Tech, Rig Mechanic, Field Service Tech Experience: 3 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Location: Odessa, Texas, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified
The Top Drive technician will be responsible for accurately and efficiently performing diversified tasks relating to product installation, troubleshooting, repair and training. Work will take place at the customer’s locations. The successful candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Install service and repair Company manufactured equipment. This includes placement of equipment as well as routing and termination of components. Equipment could include one or more of the following: Catwalk, Power Building, Power Wrench, Top Drive and RIGWATCH.
• Completion of project will include Customer Acceptance Testing
• Perform Training to customers on the installed systems
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic system components utilizing drawings, schematics and flow charts.
• Perform major overhaul of various product line.
• Perform detailed inspections and provide repair recommendations.
• Maintain company issued tools and be knowledgeable and skillful in the use of these tools.
• Able to utilize computer and software for communication as well as data tracking and reporting.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and trade/technical school diploma or 2 years related experience in any one of the following our vocations: Mechanical, Electrical, Drilling Systems or Electronics.
Must be fluent in English, and possess the following abilities: to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, to write simple correspondence, to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Posses the ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
General knowledge of word processing software and email messaging, and an all around general knowledge of computers operations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Oral communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
• Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Walking or standing for long periods of time
• Bending or stooping
• Climbing stairs and/or ladders
• Lifting up to 50lbs
• Use of hand tools
• Operating a vehicle
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
407 land drilling rigs
31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.