Company: Orion Group Skills: Subsea Engineer, Subsea Engineering Experience: 6 + Years Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree Employment Type: Full Time Contractor Salary: Negotiable Location: Houston, Texas, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Subsea Controls Project Engineer – Aftermarket
Responsible for the execution of aftermarket subsea controls workscopes for all GoM and Trinidad projects.
Performance manage equipment suppliers to deliver aftermarket subsea controls scopes
Interface management between suppliers, functional teams (Project teams, S&OR, PSCM, HSSE, Quality et
* Provide leadership in demonstrating commitment to our GHSER policy of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment
* Execution of aftermarket scope delivery within the agreed cost and schedule targets, including rigorous management of change
* Responsible for planning, management and delivery of controls equipment to meet installation targets.
* Management of the scope of supply, including rigorous scope management of change, including action closure associated to the MOC, e.g. concessions, deviations, variation orders, and risks
* Responsible for the planning and execution of preservation and storage of GSS subsea controls equipment
* Responsible for the execution of supplier obsolescence management plans for subsea controls equipment
* Identify and manage risk associated the engineering and delivery subsea controls packages
* Provide technical support during the execution of equipment FAT, XT EFAT/SIT and mobilization testing
* Support subsea controls equipment installation, commissioning and start-up as necessary.
* Support subsea operations team in troubleshooting, RCFAs and sub-supplier engagement to deliver solutions to subsea controls issues identified during life of field operation.
* Provide engineering and delivery progress reports to project and functional leaders.
* Support ande enter learnings into BP Shared Learning System
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Atleast 6 years of experience in engineering and delivery of subsea controls and project management or operations
Knowledge of control system interfaces with other SPS disciplines such as well completions, subsea systems and topsides
Knowledge of concepts and systems for subsea developments, together with a familiarity of the challenges of subsea environments
Experience in installation, commissioning and start-up subsea systems
Certified Project Management Professional
Strong demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform duties with minimum supervision
Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing project teams and contractors
Strong teamwork skills with experience in working with engineers and multi-discipline team
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
People are our business worldwide
Orion Group are one of the world’s largest Engineering Recruitment Specialists. With over 22 years experience Orion are market leaders in the field of International oil & gas recruitment, with regional offices in all the worlds major oil centres, including Houston, Aberdeen, Singapore, Alaska and Kazakhstan. Orion currently has around 4000 contractors working worldwide with 8 offices in the UK and 19 internationally.
Orion work with some of the world’s largest companies providing manpower solutions for both contract and permanent positions. The group operates within the following industry sectors: Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities, Construction, Aerospace, Rail, Mining, IT & Telecoms and Office & Commercial.
In 2009 Orion were awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/984838_subsea_controls_engineer/