Company: KCA Deutag Skills: Rig Mechanic Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Salary: To define Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Senior Mechanic to join one of our North Sea platforms on a 4 month fixed term basis. The Senior Mechanic is responsible to the Rig Superintendent for the maintenance of all mechanical equipment within KCA Deutag scope / area of responsibility and for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
* Ensure that all mechanical equipment is maintained and repaired promptly.
* Maintain a preventative maintenance programme in accordance with Group repair and preventative maintenance procedures as directed by immediate supervisor.
* Ensure that all Third Party personnel including Service Engineers comply with Group and Installation Safety Procedures.
* Supervise and carry out pipe work and equipment installation tasks in accordance with good engineering practice.
* Liaise with client mechanical supervisors on any matters relating to the safe mechanical operation of the installation.
* Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is maintained at all times in a safe condition or is otherwise completely withdrawn from service.
* Recommend and when required embody modifications to equipment or systems to enhance safety, improve rig performance or comply with statutory notices.
* Plan maintenance and repair tasks so as to minimise the affect on the drilling operation.
* Carry out and record the maintenance tasks specified by the computerised maintenance system.
* Ensure that health and safety at work and accident prevention are continuously brought to the attention of all employees under their authority particularly by means of job supervision, instruction and training.
* Update or modify any drawings, sketches or information on existing and replacement equipment as required or provide such information to area management.
* Report any misuse of equipment to the Rig Superintendent.
* Safeguard the rig tools and instruments in their care.
* Ensure that an adequate supply of mechanical spare parts is maintained on the installation and is stored in environmentally sound conditions.
* Ensure that all the Group’s reporting system data sheets are completed e.g. Maintenance/Repair/Replacement job cards.
* Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate.
* Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
* Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
* Attend, at Group base or Client premises, meetings and additional training, as may be required.
Key Skills & Experience
* Recent operational experience.
* Experience on the Nexen Scott platform or an automated drilling rig would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
* Competitive Pay & Benefits package
* Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
* Global Opportunities
Candidates must attach the following certificates in order for their application to be considered;
* OPITO BOSIET/FOET (Survival)
* OPITO CA-EBS
* OPITO MIST
* OGUK Medical incl Bi-Deltoid Measurement
* Mechanical Discipline:
* Apprenticeship/Trade Papers/Trade
* Qualifications/NVQ/SVQ Level 3
Location: North Sea, Nexen Scott, 2*3 rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘The KCA Deutag Way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.