Company: KCA Deutag Skills: Rig Electrician Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Salary: To define Location: North Sea, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Senior Electrician to join one of our North Sea platforms on a 4 month fixed term basis. The Senior Electrician is responsible to the Rig Superintendent for the maintenance of all electrical equipment within KCA DEUTAG scope / area of responsibility and for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
* Ensure that all electrical equipment is maintained and repaired promptly. To investigate defects and submit reports as required.
* Maintain a preventative maintenance programme in accordance with Group repair and preventative maintenance procedures as directed by immediate supervisor.
* Ensure that all Third Party personnel including Service Engineers comply with Group and Installation Safety Procedures.
* Supervise tasks in accordance with good engineering practice and Group policy.
* Liaise with client electrical supervisors on any matters relating to the safe electrical operation of the installation.
* Monitor any electrical equipment supplied by other contractors or sub-contractors to ensure that it is suitable for uses within the areas desired.
* Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is maintained at all times in a safe condition or is otherwise completely withdrawn from service.
* Plan maintenance and repairs so as to minimise the affect on the drilling operation and to carry out the maintenance tasks specified by the computerised maintenance system.
* Report any misuse of equipment to the Rig Superintendent.
* Report on parts, tools and supplies needed to maintain the equipment for which they are responsible.
* Safeguard the rig tools and instruments in their care.
* Recommend and when required embody modifications to equipment or systems to enhance safety, improve rig performance or comply with statutory notices.
* Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate.
* Provide such information to shore based engineering personnel as may be required for the smooth operation of Group maintenance objectives.
* Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
* Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
* Attend, at Group base or Client premises, meetings and additional training, as may be required.
* Update or modify any drawings, sketches or information on existing and replacement equipment as required or provide such information to management.
* Ensure that all the Group’s reporting system data sheets are completed e.g. Maintenance/Repair/Replacement Job Cards.
Key Skills & Experience
* Recent operational experience.
* Experience on the Nexen Scott platform or an automated drilling rig would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
* Competitive Pay & Benefits package
* Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
* Global Opportunities
Candidates must attach the following certificates in order for their application to be considered;
* OPITO BOSIET/FOET (Survival)
* OPITO CA-EBS
* OPITO MIST
* OGUK Medical including Bi-Deltoid Measurement
* Hazardous Area CompEx Competency (EX01-EX04)
* Electrical/Electronic Engineering:
* Apprenticeship/Trade Papers/Trade
* Qualifications/NVQ/SVQ Level 3
Location: North Sea, Nexen Scott, 2*3 rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.