Company: KCA Deutag Skills: Roustabout Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Salary: To define Location: North Sea, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for Roustabouts to join one of our North Sea platforms on a 4 month fixed term basis. The Roustabout is responsible for carrying out general housekeeping and material handling operations for the drilling rig and where appropriate, the platform.
* Prepare drilling equipment prior to its use and maintain it whilst it is in storage.
* Maintain the drilling and deck areas on the installation in a clean and tidy state.
* Move drilling equipment and materials to and from the drill floor and around the installation in a safe and proper manner.
* Ensure that all tubulars are racked securely and safely.
* Perform “fire watching” duties for the welder where appropriate.
* Carry out relief duties on Rig Floor when competent to do so.
* Assist Platform Deck operations when instructed to do so.
* Assist with the installation and removal of BOP, and wellhead equipment.
* As directed, assist Electricians, Welders and Mechanics in the performance of their duties.
* Assure that upon completion of assignment or at the end of a work period, all equipment and tools are properly stowed.
* Carry out general housekeeping duties around rig, on pipedeck, in sackstore, pump room, silo room and storage areas; i.e. cleaning and tidying-up of deck areas and stores, washing down decks, module structure and equipment and plant, maintaining paintwork, rust-scraping, priming, high-gloss painting, care of all drilling tools (cleaning, greasing, protecting, proper storing).
* Prepare tubulars for running-in (i.e. removing protectors, washing and greasing tubular threads, measuring and numbering of tubulars, assisting in running-in tubulars, etc).
* Offloading and backloading boats where appropriate.
* Assist Derrickman and mud man in maintaining the mud system.
* Assist cleaning of bulk silos; assist around cement unit during cementing operations and clean equipment after completion of job.
* Prepare for rig skidding, assist in rig skidding, etc.
* Assist in area inspections.
* Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
* Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
* The hand over of tasks to back-to-back Roustabouts.
Key Skills & Experience
* Recent operational experience.
* Experience on the Nexen Scott platform or an automated drilling rig would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
* Competitive Pay & Benefits package
* Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
* Global Opportunities
Candidates must attach the following certificates in order for their application to be considered;
* OPITO BOSIET/FOET (Survival)
* OPITO CA-EBS
* OPITO MIST
* OGUK Medical including Bi-Deltoid Measurement
* OPITO Banksman Slinger Stage 3
* OPITO Rigging and Lifting Stage 1
Location: Scott Platform, North Sea – 2*3 Rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/981820_roustabout_fixed_term_4_months/