Company: ANOTECH ENERGY Skills: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor Experience: 8 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Contractor Location: Minot, North Dakota, United States Status: Active
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.Located in region: North America
Our client has an urgent need for an Onshore Drilling Supervisor for a long term contract in Minot, ND. This is an onshore project.
Drilling supervisor’s main responsibility is the implementation of drilling, workover and completion operations activities on a drilling rig. The major tasks include planning, organization, coordination and management of all parties involved in these activities, i.e. drilling and petroleum engineers, geologists, contractors and auxiliary personnel. At the same time Drilling supervisor is responsible for monitoring progress of the operations and the timely achievement of the objectives set; reports on that and other vital issues need to be filed, usually on a daily basis, to a Drilling Superintendent. In his supervisory capacity, a Drilling Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring cost optimization and safety of the personnel and property on the rig, as well as for controlling the environmental impact of the operations and providing reports and maintaining documentation on all of the above. It is also a Drilling supervisors’ responsibility to decide whether to abandon the rig or suspend all the operations in case of adverse weather conditions.
• Manage all Simultaneous Operations on the Pad from a Safety Aspect
• The Drilling WSS is in control of the Pad
• Daily Meetings with all departments on location
• Weekly look ahead meeting with all departments for SIM-OPS
• Notify all groups operating on location of critical operations that may affect the safety of others
Manage Drilling Operations
• Be a visible safety leader. Help the contractor develop the new hires. Make it known to all that you will do your best as a representative of the Company to provide a safe work environment for everyone on location.
• Make it known that you totally support stop work authority.
• Ensure third party participation in Pre-tours, PJSMs and TBTs.
• No Synergi report to leave location without being reviewed by all WSS’s. Will also review and make recommendations for Action items when EHS personnel on location update a Synergi report.
• WSS/EHS field support completes and forwards Land Rig Monthly Safety Inspection to EHS Mgr or Field EHS rep. (Review before sending)
• Night and day WSS to review and agree on Plan Forward immediately prior to each pre-tour meeting.
• Promote a healthy safety culture by encouraging the Drilling Contractor takes ownership of pre-tour meeting. Drillers to lead the pre-tours with the WSS’s, Rig Managers, and clerks support role. Encourage vendors to lead meeting once per week.
• Generates /reviews daily work plan with night WSS.
• Ensure crews employ prudent pit management techniques. Ensure resources are directed at previous location to ensure dry pit and location is prepped and handed over to Completions in a timely manner. No liquids left in pit.
• Review next pad or location drawing and agree with back to back on rig orientation and tank farm layout. Get buy-in from Rig Manager(s)
• Maintain Daily Planner spreadsheet and update SPS times and 24 hour look-ahead.
• Ensure drill-string inspection schedules are followed and maintain log of footage between inspections or repairs. Ensure have the ability to segregate and track rental string to insure alternate open hole vs cased hole exposure.
• Ensure WSS’s / Clerks are Field transferring tubulars and properly reconcile at end of each well.
• Pull up post WellView cement, casing and BHA reports to ensure documentation accurate and proper information captured.
• Review/generate pre casing and liner running tallies.
• Insure pre spud checklist and fluid handling guidelines are known, understood and executed.
• Does not directly supervise rig contractors crews, but prepares daily work plan and makes available at pre-tours. Gives direct instruction to Rig Manager for implementation of well plan. May give direct instructionto driller in absence of RM on floor.
• Maintains accurate count of drill pipe on location. Both contractor owned and rental.
• Ensure EHS tech inputs daily safety checks.
• Strong work ethic
• Strong communication and listening skills
• 8-10 years of Onshore Upstream knowledge and experience is a must!
• Acting supervisory experience is a huge plus
• Drilling and Petroleum Engineering background
ANOTECH Energy was founded in 2006 to provide specialty services to the energy industry.
From the beginning, we’ve developed our expertise in technical fields of all energy sectors, including:
• Oil and Gas (E&P)
• Renewable Energies
• Civil & Infrastructure
We deliver the highest standard of services within engineering, projects and operations.
Our vision is to provide clients and employees with a global approach and to maintain an agility to deliver local tailor-made solutions.
ANOTECH Energy operates in over 63 countries worldwide.
Through its offices and partnerships, ANOTECH Energy commits to provide reliable and efficient support to its clients, while understanding the needs of international projects according to local regulations.
Headquartered in France, ANOTECH Energy has also established offices in: London, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Houston, Pointe Noire, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Shanghai.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/982689_onshore_drilling_supervisor/