Company: Nabors Skills: Rig Mechanic, Instrumentation Technician Experience: 3 + Years Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship Location: Houston, Texas, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Installation Technician.
An advanced level position within the Field Service group as an Installation Technician. The IS&T technician works under limited supervision to remove, install, and train customers along with field technicians on OEM equipment, which may include Top Drives, Catwalks, Wrenches, Drawworks, and full rig packages. The technician must be willing to perform task Domestically and Internationally. All work performed must be in accordance with the company’s specification, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Include the following and other duties as assigned:
• Possess all skills and requirements of a Level 2 Technician.
• Assist higher level technicians, as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
• Safely perform installation or removal of OEM equipment (which may include Top Drive, Catwalk, Wrench, Drawworks and full rig packages).
• Schedule work flow for continuing daily progress.
• Inspect all equipment before installation to ensure it meets OEM specification
• Promote a safe and quality environment in which to work.
• Work overtime as required to meet customer drilling schedules.
• Measure and record technical data as tasks are completed, inspect documentation prior to job closure.
• Perform repairs using torque wrenches and measuring tools.
• Assist in trouble shooting using multi meters, amp probes, meggers and scopes.
• Extensive travel to customer locations (domestic and International).
• Trouble shoot and repair or overhaul drilling equipment to include traction motor alignments, main bearing end play verifications, and back lash and gearing verifications.
• Provide shop technical experience and techniques to other areas of the company as needed.
• Maintain and complete documentation including detailed Service, Expense Reports and Variance documents.
• Visit drilling rigs operating within the technician’s geographic regions.
• Remain alert to all opportunities to install additional systems on new rigs and to upgrade, or add-on new equipment.
• Comply with and participate in company safety and quality programs.
• Follow standard operating procedures when using hand tools and electrical test equipment. Properly care for and maintain all company issued tools.
• Attend all Canrig required scheduled training classes.
• SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• May supervise 1 to 2 employees at a customer site.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
To perform the job successfully and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Please note that reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The requirements representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required are listed below:
Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and trade/technical school diploma or 2 years related experience in any one of the following our vocations: Mechanical, Electrical, Drilling Systems or Electronics.
Language Skills – Must be fluent in English, and possess the following abilities: to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, to write simple correspondence, to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical skills – Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Posses the ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills – General knowledge of word processing software and email messaging, and an all around general knowledge of computers operations.
Schematics- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics and engineering documentation.
Job Knowledge – Must have experience with installing and working on drilling equipment such as but not limit to – Top Drives, Catwalk’s, Wrench’s.
Physical ability – Ability to use hand/power tools and equipment associated with the installation of drilling equipment. Ability to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights along with restricted areas, and work any shift.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
• Advanced training in Microsoft Office
• Associates Degree or advanced training
• 5 Years of Oil & Gas industry experience
• Level 3 or higher competency on Canrig Equipment
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem-solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Oral communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
• Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
Level III Top Drive Technician CAMS Form
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Walking or standing for long periods of time
• Bending or stooping
• Climbing stairs and/or ladders
• Lifting up to 50lbs
• Use of hand/ power tools
• Operating a vehicle
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
407 land drilling rigs
31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.