Company: KCA Deutag Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Salary: To define Location: North Sea, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for Floorman to join one of our North Sea platforms on a 4 month fixed term basis. The Floorman is responsible to the Driller for the work carried out on the Rig Floor and will also assist the Derrickman or Assistant Driller, as required.
* Perform tripping operations (drill strings, BHA, casings, liners, completions) making use of rig floor handling equipment as appropriate.
* Assist with routine maintenance on the rig equipment.
* Maintain all tools in a clean and safe condition and ensure the return of equipment to its correct place (slips, elevators, safety clamps, rotary tongs).
* Maintain the rig floor, sub-structure and associated areas in a clean and tidy condition.
* Assist and relieve the Derrickman, as required, inclusive of mixing fluids.
* Assist in picking up and laying down tubulars and equipment.
* Assist in rigging up equipment for the specialist service companies.
* Under the supervision of the Driller, maintenance of derrick equipment.
* Attend, and conduct as necessary all TRIC talks relevant to operations.
* Assist in the installation and movement of BOP and other wellhead equipment.
* Carry out shaker house duties in accordance with work programme to include changing out of shaker screens as directed by Mud Engineers, Assistant Driller, Derrickman.
* Monitor the fluid returns at the shakers and report changes in size, shape and volume of cuttings to the Driller.
* Take fluid weight and viscosity checks logging them and reporting any anomalies to the Driller.
* Maintain the shaker deck log book accurately and up to date, and use as the basis for handing over to the relief.
* Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
* Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
* The hand over of ongoing tasks to back-to-back Floorman.
* Assist in area inspections as required.
* Assure that upon completion of an assignment or at the end of a work period, that all equipment and tools are properly stored.
Key Skills & Experience
* Varco PHM3i Operator.
* Recent operational experience.
* Experience on the Nexen Scott platform or an automated drilling rig would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
* Competitive Pay & Benefits package
* Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
* Global Opportunities
Candidates must attach the following certificates in order for their application to be considered;
* OPITO BOSIET/FOET (Survival)
* OPITO CA-EBS
* OPITO MIST
* OGUK Medical including Bi-Deltoid Measurement
* OPITO Banksman Slinger Stage 1
* OPITO Rigger Stage 1
Location: Scott Platform, North Sea – 2*3 Rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/981818_floorman_fixed_term_4_months/