Company: KCA Deutag Skills: Driller Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Salary: To define Location: North Sea, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for Drillers to join one of our North Sea platforms on a 4 month fixed term basis. The Driller is responsible to the Rig Superintendent for the day to day operation on the installation and for the health and safety of their crew and any others working under their authority.
* Supervise all operations taking place on the drill floor and in areas under their control, ensuring that such operations are carried out efficiently and in compliance with authorised Operating Procedures and Group Safety Policy.
* Maintain daily drilling records including accurate and effective handovers.
* Observe and monitor well conditions through drilling parameters. In the event of downhole problems, take appropriate action.
* Provide advice and guidance to personnel under their authority on all operational matters as required and to supervise specific employees until sufficiently experienced.
* Direct the personnel under their authority in the practical steps to ensure that all working places are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition and all working practices employed are safe.
* Ensure that health and safety at work and accident prevention are continuously brought to the attention of employees under their authority by means of job supervision, instruction and training.
* Ensure all equipment and resources are available to progress operations in the most efficient manner. Plan towards operations such that they can be carried out in a safe and efficient manner and contingency equipment and plans are accounted for.
* Ensure records are kept of all dimensions of equipment run in the hole. Maintain a useable and correct pipe tally.
* During tripping, control the speed at which the pipe is being lowered or withdrawn and the breaking out and making up of each section of pipe.
* Prior to running casing in, make check trips with bit and ream out any tight spots. If the casing subsequently becomes stuck in the drill hole, has to connect a circulating head to clear the obstruction.
* Supply information for drilling report i.e. mud figures and chemicals used.
* Pressure test well control equipment at appropriate stages during drilling to Client/Platform standards. Record and store test results.
* When nippling up or nippling down the B.O.P. stack and/or riser, ensure the safe working practices of their crew.
* Maintain accurate records of tubulars run in the hole including pipe tally, full BHA/completion components and critical fishing dimensions e.g. ID/OD and connections.
* Evaluate all work to be carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-Work system, initiate Permits-to-Work as necessary and ensure that all safety precautions are taken and work is only carried out as stated in the Permit-to-Work.
* Responsible for the supervision of personnel engaged in activities in their area of responsibility or for which they have been allocated responsibility by their supervisor.
* Responsible for the performance management of the personnel under their authority to ensure standards of behaviour and performance expected by the Group.
* Monitor, supervise and coach any Service company or Vendor company representatives that may be involved in the operations on the rig.
* Make pre-kick calculations and ensure that all equipment and procedures for well control are in place at all times.
* Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
* Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
* Attend onshore or offshore meetings and additional training, as required.
Key Skills & Experience
* Recent operational experience.
* Experience on the Nexen Scott platform or an automated drilling rig would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
* Competitive Pay & Benefits package
* Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
* Global Opportunities
Candidates must attach the following certificates in order for their application to be considered;
* OPITO BOSIET/FOET (Survival)
* OPITO CA-EBS
* OPITO MIST
* OGUK Medical including Bi-Deltoid Measurement
* IWCF Well Control Level 3
* OPITO Banksman Stage 3
* OPITO Rigging Stage 3
Location: Scott Platform, North Sea – 2*3 Rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/981804_driller_fixed_term_4_months/