Company: KCA Deutag Skills: Derrickman Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Salary: To define Location: North Sea, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for Derrickman to join one of our North Sea platforms on a 4 month fixed term basis. The Derrickman is responsible to the Driller for the operation of the mud system whilst drilling and for the racking/running of the drill string at the racking board when tripping, and may also assist the Assistant Driller as required.
* Ensure the smooth running of the mud pumps and all the mud processing equipment and to perform routine maintenance on the same.
* Carry out routine mud sampling and simple weight and viscosity checks and add chemicals as advised by the mud engineer.
* Maintain all mud pumping and processing area in a clean and tidy condition.
* Record the use of any mud pump parts, shale shaker and mud cleaner screens or mud cleaner cones as required. Keep mud pump records up to date.
* Before tripping to line-up the mud system and trip tank, to pull out and also to shut down unnecessary equipment.
* Ensure that in the derrick: There are no loose tools or debris lying around.
* No loose ropes hanging from the board.
* All tubulars are securely fastened.
* Report faulty equipment and damage to the derrick structure.
* Working at monkey board level, running or pulling tubulars in close communication with the Driller and the floor crews.
* Monitor active pit levels to assist in well control, reporting any anomalies to the Driller immediately.
* Assist in installation and movement of B.O.P. equipment.
* Carry out repairs to the fluid end of the mud pumps and valves in the LP mud system.
* In liaison with the Mud Engineer: Plan the use of the mud pits for taking on fluids and the back load of fluids.
* Prepare the mud pits for special mixes e.g. cement spacers. Supervise roustabouts when engaged in pit cleaning or pit entry.
* Assist in maintaining mud properties as per drilling programme.
* Maintain the pump and pit room logbooks accurately and up to date for use as basis for handing over to the relief.
* Responsible for the supervision and performance of personnel engaged in activities in their area of responsibility or for which they have been allocated responsibility by their supervisor.
* Operate cement unit when required (and deemed competent).
* Assist/carry out mechanical isolations on mud system equipment in accordance with platform permit to work systems.
* Carry out casing stabbing duties from casing stabbing board during casing/tubing running/pulling operations where competent.
* Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
* Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
* Attend onshore or offshore meetings and additional training, as may be required.
Key Skills & Experience
* Varco PHM3i Operator
* Recent operational experience.
* Experience on the Nexen Scott platform or an automated drilling rig would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
* Competitive Pay & Benefits package
* Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
* Global Opportunities
Candidates must attach the following certificates in order for their application to be considered;
* OPITO BOSIET/FOET (Survival)
* OPITO CA-EBS
* OPITO MIST
* OGUK Medical including Bi-Deltoid Measurement
* OPITO Banksman Stage 1
* OPITO Rigging Stage 1
* IWCF Well Control Level 3
Location: Scott Platform, North Sea – 2*3 Rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/981817_derrickman_fixed_term_4_months/