Company: KCA Deutag Skills: Toolpusher Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Salary: To define Location: North Sea, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for Assistant Rig Superintendent’s to join one of our North Sea platforms on a 4 month fixed term basis. The Assistant Rig Superintendent is responsible to the Senior KCA DEUTAG Representative (Rig Superintendent) for the day to day operation on the installation and for the health and safety of all persons working under their authority.
* Liaise closely with their Rig Superintendent on all key issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
* Supervise drilling operations, maintenance and other related activities on the installation ensuring that such operations are carried out efficiently and in compliance with Group operating procedures and Group Safety Policy.
* Ensure that health and safety at work and accident prevention are continuously brought to the attention of all employees by means of job supervision, instruction and training.
* Direct rig-up, rig-down, dismantling and/or moving of rig and auxiliary equipment, and supervise Driller and drilling crews in setting up and operating equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
* Ensure good housekeeping and safe working conditions are maintained on the rig.
* Assist Rig Superintendent by maintaining records for payroll data, control equipment and materials inventory for cost control, report of rig equipment transfers, current bit record data showing bits received, run and receipt of material, whilst on tour.
* Assist Rig Superintendent by completing all required drilling and safety (or platform) reports in a timely manner, such as Drilling Report, Operational Plan, Engine Report, Machinery Report, Pump Report and other records whilst on tour.
* Evaluate all work to be carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-Work system, initiate and write Permits-to-Work as necessary and ensure that all safety precautions are taken and only work is carried out stated in the Permit-to-Work.
* Ensure adequate recording and reporting of all problem events including accidents/incidents.
* Provide advice and guidance to Drillers on all operational matters as may be required.
* Responsible for the supervision of personnel engaged in activities in their area of responsibility or for which they have been allocated responsibility by their supervisor.
* Responsible for the performance management of the personnel under their authority to ensure standards of behaviour and performance expected by the Group.
* Monitor, supervise and coach any Service company or Vendor company representatives that may be involved in the operations on the rig.
* Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
* Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
* Attend onshore or offshore meetings and additional training, as required.
Key Skills & Experience
* Recent operational experience.
* Experience on the Nexen Scott platform or an automated drilling rig would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
* Competitive Pay & Benefits package
* Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
* Global Opportunities
Candidates must attach the following certificates in order for their application to be considered;
* OPITO BOSIET/FOET (Survival)
* IWCF Well Control Level 4
* OPITO Rigging Stage 3
* OPITO CA-EBS
* OPITO MIST
* OGUK Medical including Bi-Deltoid Measurement
Location Scott Platform, North Sea 2*3 rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.