Company: KCA Deutag Skills: Driller Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee Salary: To define Location: North Sea, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for Assistant Drillers to join one of our North Sea platforms on a 4 month fixed term basis. The Assistant Driller is responsible for assisting the Driller by undertaking tasks as assigned in an efficient and timely manner.
* Assist and relieve the Driller as necessary in supervising all work carried out on the drilling unit, ensuring that such work is carried out efficiently and in compliance with authorised operating procedures and Group Safety Policy.
* Assist in preparing all tools and equipment required for well operations. Maintain accurate records of tubulars run in the hole including pipe tally, full BHA/completion components and critical fishing dimensions e.g. ID/OD and connections.
* Carry out daily checks as required (e.g. Koomey Unit and BOP status checks).
* Assist with maintenance, repair or replacement tasks in accordance with Group’s Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
* Ensure accurate and complete handovers and assist in maintaining daily drilling records.
* Direct the personnel under their authority in the practical steps to ensure that all working places are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition and all working practices employed are safe.
* Along with Derrickman operate, monitor, repair and maintain mud pumps and the entire drilling fluid circulation system, including pumps, fluid lines, shale shakers and mud tanks.
* Supervise the monitoring of drilling fluids and mud testing.
* Understand and maintain B.O.P. system, check reservoir fluid and accumulator bottle pressure.
* Evaluate all work to be carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-Work system, initiate Permits-to-Work as necessary and ensure that all safety precautions are taken and work is only carried out as stated in the Permit-to-Work.
* Responsible for the supervision of personnel engaged in activities in their area of responsibility or for which they have been allocated responsibility by their supervisor.
* Monitor, supervise and coach any Service company or Vendor company representatives that may be involved in the operations on the rig.
* Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
* Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
* Attend onshore or offshore meetings and additional training, as required.
Key Skills & Experience
* Recent operational experience.
* Experience on the Nexen Scott platform or an automated drilling rig would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
* Competitive Pay & Benefits package
* Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
* Global Opportunities
Candidates must attach the following certificates in order for their application to be considered;
* OPITO BOSIET/FOET (Survival)
* OPITO CA-EBS
* OPITO MIST
* OGUK Medical including Bi-Deltoid Measurement
* IWCF Well Control Level 3
* OPITO Banksman Stage 3
* OPITO Rigging Stage 3
Location: Scott Platform, North Sea – 2*3 Rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.