Company: Nabors Skills: Directional Driller Experience: 1 + Years Education: Some College Location: Odessa, Texas, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Wellbore Placement Specialist.
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, the Wellbore Placement Specialist will participate in training experiences, learn new skills, and demonstrate an increasing proficiency and expertise with all directional drilling functions at the well site.
• Responsible for Nabors Drilling Solutions Field Operations at the well site by representing NDS in a positive and professional manner.
• Review Well Plan and communicate with client geologist, client engineer and/or other company representatives to discuss all changes deemed necessary.
• Selecting necessary tools to implement the Well Plan (includes drill bits, bottom hole assemblies, motor configurations and settings, etc.).
• Interpret the MWD information and apply drilling expertise, problem solving ability and drilling experience to ensure the well is executed according to the original well plan.
• Provide support staff with a daily progress report ensuring Operations management is kept informed of any potential problems.
• Provide and document an End of Well summary describing any problems encountered including recommended solutions.
• Ensuring safety policy is followed and enforced.
• Ensuring all paperwork is accurately completed and signed by the company representative.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two years of drilling experience on directional wells or three years of MWD/LWD experience
• Degree or certificate in Petroleum or Engineering disciplines a plus.
• Previous industry experience considered a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to influence and interact effectively with diverse and conflicting internal and external priorities
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Detail oriented with a structured approach to process and documentation
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
407 land drilling rigs
31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.