Company: Nabors Skills: Casing, Mechanic Experience: 2 + Years Education: Some College Location: Saginaw, Texas, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Tubular Services Technician I (Shop Mechanic).
Routinely prepares the rig floor area for whatever operation is to take place as well as function checks all casing handling and running tools to enable carrying out operational activities.
• Maintain and prepare all equipment including tongs, CDS tool, slips, etc.
• Troubleshoot problems quickly and accurately.
• Repair tools and equipment as needed. If unsure of repair needed ask for direction.
• Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, including flexibility in schedule due to changing business needs.
• Maintain a neat and safe workspace.
• Identity safety hazards of mechanic shop & make necessary corrections.
• Utilize computer for safety training and goal setting.
• Correspond with vendors regarding procuring of necessary parts and supplies.
• Attend all safety meetings.
• Comply to all Nabors policies and or policies of customers.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Previous oilfield experience preferred
• 1 to 2 years mechanical training on various tools & equipment.
• General oilfield knowledge & experience.
• Works effectively in team environment
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Safety and service oriented
• Team player
• Positive attitude
• Pro-active, self-motivated and self-disciplined.
• Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building.
• Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time.
• May be required to work long hours, at least 12 hours per day on average.
• Requires the ability to use hands and fingers, as well as feel up to 90% of the time.
• Requires the ability to use eyes to focus and judge depth perception up to 90% of the time.
• Must be able to reach with hands and arms, be able to climb and balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl more than 50% of the time.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
407 land drilling rigs
31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.