Company: North Oil Company Skills: Rig Mechanic Experience: 5 + Years Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~Scope of Work
This position is reporting to the Supply Base Manager. N+2 is the Logistics Manager.
The role has the overall responsibility for ensuring safe, efficient lifting and handling operations on NOC Logistics Base in accordance with NOC’ standards and local and international regulations and requirements
Within the framework of NOC, the job holder provide safe, efficient and cost effective logistics services to Company within Al Shaheen field according to NOC standards
• Act as technical advisor of handling and lifting service
• Promote safe handling and lifting operation referring NOC HSE police and international standard
• Manage handling and lifting and cargo personnel
• Insures the promotion/implementation of LMS and safety culture on site
• Participates in the definitions of the LMS and participates in the internal audits by NOC CPLO
• Anomaly reporting, critical lifts reporting to NOC CPLO.
2. Operations Management
• Provide expertise in daily handling & lifting activities including: Categorization of lifts
• Risk assessment and hazard identification
• Assist Affiliate CPLO in technical review of lifting operations
• Selection of equipment for lifting operations
• Performance of toolbox talks
• Post-job debriefs
• Assessment of completed jobs
• Periodic review of generic lift plans
• Promote safe handling and lifting operation referring Total HSE police and international standard, review engineering calculation for complex and complicated lifts
• Review complicated and complex lift plan and attend the lifts
• Perform condition check and fitness for purpose on lifting appliances, CCUs, and evaluate their utilization on site
• Provide lifting and handling expertise advice to all RSES and RSES-D
• To be involved in all handling and lifting audits
To be Involved in plans internal audits of the lifting operations, participates in lifting operations incident investigation and analyses
3. Reporting and investigation
• Ensure line management and the Supply Base Manager are kept informed on relevant issues which could affect operational, safety and commercial aspects of the operation.
The job is based in Ras Laffan logistics Base and the Port of Ras Laffan.
• Minimum 5 years in the lifting & handling industry at supervisory level
• Technical Engineer and / or Industry related qualifications such as LEEA / EAL / CPA etc.
• Broad and extensive knowledge in handling & lifting appliance & operations
• Working to International standards such as: BS, LOLER, etc.
• Experienced in Oil & Gas Industry
• Worked in onshore & offshore operations
• Have working profile such as: Rigger / Rigger Foreman /Rigging Supervisor / Lifting Supervisor /Lifting Superintendent.
• Risk assessment in relation to health, safety & environment
• Supervision of critical lifts
• Planning of critical and non-critical lifts
• Experience in training and coaching is preferred.
The deadline for submitting application is 6th of August 2018.