Company: Nabors Skills: Casing, Cementing, Laborer Experience: 2 + Years Education: Some College Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Lead Tubular Services Technician (Casing/Tubing/CDS Supervisor).
The Lead Tubular Services Technician must be able to trouble shoot the CDS, casing and tubing equipment. Must also have solid analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills. They must assess problems in the field and dispatching technicians to rectify the problem. The Lead Tubular Services Technician is a mentor to technicians and a manager to the customer.
• Should be proficient with CDS, CCC, Tubing tools, maintenance, equipment and able to safely direct crew members in the rig-up, rig-down, and running procedures.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with rig and operator personnel, complete all required paperwork (including job packets), and troubleshoot equipment on location.
• Responsible for reporting any incidents, safety or quality, to management.
• Routinely prepares the rig floor area for whatever operation is to take place as well as function checks all casing handling and running tools to enable carrying out operational activities such as picking up, laying down, running, retrieving, connecting, tripping, standing back and/or disconnecting all components of the casing drill string, completion string, and when required, drill pipe.
• Responsible for completing all necessary operational and safety paperwork, including but not limited to job packets, equipment documentation, incident reports, etc.
• Assists and helps Driller carry out all operational activities around the rig floor or any other area of the rig location as designated by the Driller.
• Assists service company personnel in rigging up or down special equipment and/or tools if instructed to do so by the Driller.
• Maintains a safe working environment and reasonably clean and tidy rig floor area by picking up and storing all tools in their respective storage areas after using, discarding waste materials and washing down the rig floor and rig floor equipment as often as necessary.
• Maintain a knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig safety rules and regulations.
• Financial responsibilities will be communicated by manager and/or local or global Delegation of Authority, when applicable.
• Compliance with all Nabors Policies, Systems, and Standards, including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSE, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• QHSE Excellence is our Highest Priority.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Some Technical School or mechanically based experience desired.
• Oil and Gas experience (5 years)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Ability to multi-task, be well organized both cooperatively and independently.
• Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time.
• Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some circumstances. Up to 16 hours.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Requires the ability to go up and down stairs.
• Required to attend and complete all required trainings for the GOM and customer specific trainings.
• Typically works in a moderately noisy environment.
• Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building.
• Repetitive motions.
• Will be required to perform job duties in adverse/inclement weather.
• Will be required to be transported to/from an offshore marine vessel.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
407 land drilling rigs
31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.