Company: Petrofac Skills: Rig Instrument Tech Experience: 1 + Years Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom Status: Active
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Join Our Journey
Petrofac is recruiting for an Instrument Technician for the Chevron contract working a 3/3 rota.
The Instrument Technician will undertake safe and efficient operation and optimisation of all instrumentation and associated systems, including high frequency PMR work, documentation reporting and Log Keeping duties. The will undertake 1st line maintenance, repair, inspection, calibration and fault finding on instrumentation equipment ranging from discrete package controls to complex control loops, logic etc.
Job Specific Duties:
• Liaising with equipment vendors to execute tier 2 and 3 work activities, also advise and liaise with the construction team to ensure system compliance is maintained. Have suitable competence to work on pump and generator sets also mentor less experienced personnel up to this standard
• Being a proactive member of the Offshore Operations Production Team, providing assistance to the Maintenance Supervisor, Centralised maintenance Intervention team Leaders and installation Leadership Team in order to meet team deliverables and objectives as defined in the asset Business Plan
• Participating in weekly review in preparation of tasks in the 7 day plan prioritising work tasks aligned with asset priorities and daily briefings
• Updating work orders in SAP to provide details of task and equipment history, including actual hours spent and information to justify departure from estimated hours
• Identifying text changes to maintenance documentation using the planned maintenance change procedure process (PMCR)
• Being accountable for the execution of all assigned task in the seven plan ensuring plan attainment above 90%
We are looking for someone ideally with offshore experience in a similar role. They will have an industry recognised Apprenticeship and relevant qualification (minimum City and Guilds or equivalent) and background in individual power generation/distribution. We are looking for someone with extensive instrument operations and maintenance competency demonstrated preferably gained in a refinery, Chemical plant or offshore environment. They must be able to demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills and have the ability to thrive in a close, multi-discipline environment.
To apply click on this link:
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/978390_instrument_technician/