Company: Parker Drilling Co Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States Status: Active
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.Located in region: North America
This position is responsible for supporting the Company’s drilling projects by safely performing various manual tasks throughout the rig site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Trips pipe (consists of using slips, tongs and elevators), following the three step rule while tripping pipe. Lines up choke or kill manifold and makes connections while drilling.
• Must be capable of quickly evacuating the facility to avoid injury during emergencies. Must also provide assistance with regard to rescue operation for injuries or overcome personnel.
• Nipples BOP’s — up and down.
• Assists in mixing drilling mud or lost circulation material and chemicals, and acts as Flag Crane Operator or Driller when Operator cannot see loads.
• Shaker duties: Monitors mud weight, viscosity and sand content while drilling. Monitor pressures on desander, desilter and mud cleaner. Assist in moving elephant trunk and circulating hoses in shale barge.
• Performs general maintenance of drawworks, rotary transmission, and rotary table oils.
• Performs chipping and painting on rig floor, loads and off-loads pipe, assists in rig movement (help with rig-up / rig-down), and rig maintenance.
• Inspections of all safety equipment, TIW valve, inside BOP valve, choke manifold and accumulator unit.
• Monitors hole fill-ups while pulling out of hole, lining up trip tanks, runs air/hydraulic hoist (lowering and lifting), checks for leaks on BOP stack, and measures pipe.
• Checks snub lines, pull lines, shackles, and cable clamps to see that they are in good condition.
• Checks dies in slips and tongs, fluid level in Koomey Unit, and all safety and riding belts to make sure they are in good condition.
• Mixes sack chemicals, runs casing, tags casing through V-door, and unhooks cables from casing, tubing and drill pipes.
• Operate the air hoist to assist with moving heavy loads.
• Responds to emergency situations including, but not limited to, wellbore influxes, hydrogen sulfide detection and major mechanical or structural failures.
• Must be capable of quickly evacuating the facility to avoid injury during emergencies, assists in rescue operations for injuries or overcome personnel.
• Assists with repairs and maintenance of large mud pumps, shale shaker, desander, desilter, and degasser units.
• Responsible for moving joints of casing to the catwalk during casing job. Assists with attaching casing to pick-up lines so casing can be lifted to the rig floor.
• Responsible for rolling drill pipe to or from catwalk, attaching or detaching the pick-up lines, and using drill pipe tongs, spinning chain, air spinners, slips, as well as handling drill pipe joints.
• Loading/ unloading equipment from barge, possibly in rough condition and at night.
• Cleans the mast and substructure with a high-pressure steam cleaning unit. Scrubs and paints mast, substructure, etc.
• Abide by Company policies, procedures and best practices at all times.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A High Scholl diploma (or GED) is preferred, but not required.
• Requires no less than 6 month verifiable work experience in industry. Must possess the necessary experience to safely and accurately perform the functions of the job as shown above
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess basic math skills.
• Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, working at elevated heights, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination simultaneously. Must be able to tolerate continuous vibrations and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, a hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/980596_floorhand/