Company: Nabors Skills: Rig Electrician, Rig Mechanic, Field Service Tech Experience: 5 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Location: Odessa, Texas, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Field Supervisor.
• The Supervisor plans, coordinates, and directs domestic Mechanical Field Technicians and parts as requested by the customer
• Assists Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure products consistent with established standards are being produced
• Directly supervise their assigned domestic Mechanical and Electrical Field Technicians
• Carry out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
• Interviewing, hiring and training employees
• Planning, assigning and directing work
• Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees
• Addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Communicate directly with the customer and provide support as required
• Prepare sales orders and work orders as required to fulfill customer needs
• Troubleshoot Hydraulic, Mechanical and Electrical systems with customer and/or Canrig personnel
• Familiar with installation of company manufactures top drives, automated
catwalks and floor wrenches as well as other Canrig equipment as required
• Coordinate training and maintenance on Canrig owned rental equipment
• Ensure company safety programs and all other documentation requirements are met by the technicians in their care
• Attend all Canrig required scheduled training classes
• Limited travel to customer locations (domestic only)
• Assist the District Manager in the supervision of the Canrig RIGWATCH Technicians within the district including:
• Safety training
• Training on Canrig proprietary software and hardware
• Assisting in the logistical requirement of rig-ups, new installations, service calls, and rig-downs
• Conducting routine rig checks to insure the satisfaction of the drilling crews, tool pushers and company man
• Following the installation of RIGWATCH, the field coordinator will be required to maintain contact with the drilling rig to insure the satisfaction of the drilling crews, tool pushers, and company man
• When necessary, the Supervisor will be expected to assist in providing field service, 24-hour support, for the RIGWATCH Systems operating within his
geographic area of responsibility to include installations and rig downs
• A vehicle and a cellular phone will be provided to assist in this effort
• Significant paperwork is involved in this process and all paperwork must be completed accurately and timely
• The Supervisor will be required to assist in the answering of any/all service calls after normal business hours and coordinating the on-call RW Technicians accordingly
• The Canrig business plan requires the Supervisor to visit the drilling rigs operating within the technician’s geographic regions with the goal of introducing and installing RIGWATCH systems on these drilling rigs
• The Supervisor must remain alert to all opportunities to install additional systems on new rigs and to upgrade, or add-on new revenue generating components, on existing RIGWATCH installations
• These marketing efforts will be coordinated through the District Manager
• The Supervisor must develop a comfort level in discussing and demonstrating Canrig’s RIGWATCH Services
• A laptop will be provided to assist in this effort
• Maximizing the efficiency of overall operations and reducing the cost associated with delivering our product to our customers
• Ensuring that the district has the proper amount of equipment on hand to address upcoming needs within the district
• Ensuring that the Canrig Safety Program is an effective tool in reducing accidents and exposure to hazardous conditions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
5+ years of experience within the oil and gas field
• 2+ years of experience working with Canrig Equipment
• 2+ years of experience supervising Field Technicians or equivalent
• Ability to provide timely and accurate reports and other related paperwork
• Experience with database software and manufacturing/inventory software;
specific experience with Visual Manufacturing an asset
• Ability to raise concerns in a constructive manner that maintains credibility and
positive working relationships
• Strong organization and administration skills; including the ability to work
independently and keep flexible work hours to best support field operations
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to interpret technical drawings or schematics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reacts well under pressure
• Minimum 2 years experience with the RIGWATCH instrumentation system, or
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• Strong computer skills within Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word,
• Strong working knowledge of networking and networking equipment
• Working knowledge of electronics, as it applies to oilfield instrumentation
• High school education
• Additional domain specific training, prior experience, or industry contacts are
• Dependable, flexible, organized, motivated, assertive, and able to work on a
• Must have strong electronic and phone communication skills
• Willing to travel
• Able to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
Must be fluent in English, and possess the following abilities: to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, to write simple correspondence, to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, co mmon fractions, and decimals and compute percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of using Microsoft word and excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Walking or standing for long periods of time
• Bending or stooping
• Climbing stairs and/or ladders
• Lifting up to 50lbs
• Use of hand tools
• Operating a vehicle
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Oral communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
• Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
407 land drilling rigs
31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/980494_field_supervisor/