Company: Parker Drilling Co Skills: Captain / Master Other Skills: At least 50 ton Coast Guard License Experience: 3 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States Status: Active
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.Located in region: North America
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining Company boats used to transport passengers, supplies and/ or freight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Must be capable of quickly evacuating the facility to avoid injury during emergencies. Must also provide assistance with regard to rescue operation for injuries or overcome personnel.
• Operate assigned boat in a safe manner in accordance with USCG “Rules of the Road”, adhering to all Federal, State regulations and environmental regulations.
• Responsible for safely transporting rig crew and supplies to assigned location in a timely manner.
• Ensure that crew is aware of the Company’s safety practices and provide training as needed.
• Maintain boat appearance by assuring the inside and outside are presentable at all times.
• Checks for water in bilge and keeps bilge clean of oil.
• Maintain daily records to include personnel roster, motor reports and movement log.
• Maintain appropriate oil level in engines and clutches, checks engine for oil, water and fuel leaks.
• Maintain lighting on the boat to assure safety of passengers.
• Checks motor support brackets, alternator belts, stuffing boxes (grease and pack as needed), and the condition of all hoses and clamps.
• Ensure that a spare wheel and shaft are available for boat.
• Ensure that all boats assigned to rig are started daily.
• On a monthly basis will examine the bottom of the boat for damage.
• Checks exhaust manifolds for leaks and checks air breather, changes oil and fuel filters as per EAM maintenance schedule.
• Changes oil in clutch per EAM maintenance schedule, and cleans strainer screen every week.
• Maintain safety equipment including fire extinguishers, life raft, life jackets and etc. on board boat.
• Maintain safety standard and procedures and keep work area in safe working condition.
• Abide by Company policies, procedures and best practices at all times.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A High School diploma (or GED) is preferred, but not required.
• Should have at least 5 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of boats. Must possess the necessary experience to safely and accurately perform the functions of the job as shown above.
• Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools.
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess basic math skills.
• Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must possess current USCG certifications necessary in the operation and maintenance of company operated boats. Must be updated before expiration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, working at elevated heights, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination simultaneously. Must be able to tolerate continuous vibrations and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, a hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.
Must be able to work 24 hour on call, with a verity of rotations, 14 days on and 7 days off or 14 days on and 14 days off. Will be required to travel various dock location along the Gulf Coast for crew change. You may be subject to extreme temperatures during winter and summer months. Exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, (such as tanks, pits, vessels, etc.) chemicals, grease and oils. Will be required to work with teams of employees and working alone.
• Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
• Responsible for safety of self and other in vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guest.
• Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
• Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
• Must not use cell phone while operating boat at any time.
• As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/980597_boat_skipper/