Company: Nabors Skills: Casing, Floorhand / Roughneck, Laborer Experience: 3 + Years Education: Some College Location: Casper, Wyoming, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Tubular Services Technician II ( CDS Tech I ).
Rig up and down CDS tool and operate it in a safe manner, ensuring all joints are made up properly.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with rig and operator personnel, complete all required paperwork (including job packets), and troubleshoot equipment on location.
• Connect CDS tool to drilling rig top drive
• Complete function tests for CDS
• Use various hand tools to make necessary adjustments or repairs to equipment to ensure proper function
• Control hydraulics to secure, lift, and connect casing together
• Work in conjunction with the driller to lower casing into well bore after each joint is screwed together, repeat until total depth is reached
• Rig-up and down equipment using hydraulics to maneuver and control the CDS equipment from the drill floor, the cat walk and the transport unit
• Disconnect CDS from Top Drive
• Prepare and load equipment for transport to return from rig location back to the shop
• Prepare vehicle and equipment for the next job upon return to the shop
• Maintains a safe working environment and reasonably clean and tidy rig floor area by picking up and storing all tools in their respective storage areas after using, discarding waste materials and washing down the rig floor and rig floor equipment as often as necessary.
• Communicate with customer in a professional manner as appropriate to complete the job and appropriate paperwork.
• Maintain a knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig safety rules and regulations
• Financial responsibilities will be communicated by manager and/or local or global Delegation of Authority, when applicable
• Compliance with all Nabors Policies, Systems, and Standards, including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSE, etc.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Previous oilfield experience required.
• 1-2 years of Floor Hand experience preferred.
• Mechanically inclined, hydraulic/electrical
• Safety and service oriented
• Good problem solving skills
• Communication with the rig crew and shop personnel
• Ability to multi-task, be well organized both cooperatively and independently.
• May be asked to operate a company vehicle.
• Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time.
• Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some circumstances.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Requires the ability to go up and down stairs.
• Repetitive motions.
• Typically works in a moderately noisy environment.
• Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
407 land drilling rigs
31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.