Company: Sapura Drilling Asia Sdn Bhd Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrician Experience: 5 + Years Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship Location: Angola, Malaysia Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Qualifications & Certifications
COMPEX Training Certificate
Switchboard (SCR/VFD) Course
Valid BOSIET Certificate
Valid OGUK Medical Certificate
– Preferably 5 years of experience as Electrician with Electrical Trade Certificate
– 2 Years as Electrician with ONC/HNC
Skill / Attributes / Competencies
High level of verbal and written communication in English.
Maintain BMI levels as per Company & Client’s requirements
The incumbent is expected to be mobile to cover similar roles within the fleet
Meet the training requirements as per company’s training matrix
Ability to competently and safely perform duties defined in the job description
Preferably extensive experience with Operations in drilling units
The Senior Electrician is the designated “person in charge” to Supervise and carrying out repairs and maintenance to electrical equipment.
Minimum Job Functions
Includes, but is not limited to and not in order of priority:
• Instruct and supervise members of maintenance crews.
• Execute all aspects of the Planned Maintenance System relating to electrical equipment and recording the maintenance performed in the STAR System
• Carry out daily checks of electrical equipment
• Carry out electrical isolations for general maintenance and repair purposes, consistent with company procedural directives and Lock-out / Tag-out requirements
• Liaise with OIM regarding maintenance/repairs and forward planning to avoid the risk of delay through equipment breakdown
• Liaise with Technical Manager through rig management chain of command regarding any modifications, new techniques or recurring problems encountered.
• Ensure that adequate spare parts, tools etc. are available on the rig for his department.
• Ensure that all modifications are carried out under the Company’s MOC procedures
• Keep all drawings up-to-date by marking up any changes and sending to head office for final drawing and approval.
• Maintain certification of equipment as required
• Ensure that good housekeeping practices are adhered to in all areas under his charge at all times.
• Responsible for the maintenance of electrical tools and instruments.
• Compile complete hand-over notes for his relief at crew change
• In liaison with the onshore support team prepare work scopes for major electrical overhauls.
• Provide On-the-Job training and assistance to members of maintenance crew
• Carry out Trip Assessment at the appropriate time for both new and existing maintenance staff.
SAFETY REPOSIBILITIES :
• Understand safety critical barrier responsibilities as defined within the Rigs safety case (available from your supervisor)
• Understand safety critical procedures, safety critical equipment and safety critical activities associated with safety critical barriers as defined within the Rigs safety case
• Maintain effectiveness of safety critical barriers as defined in the Rigs safety case
• Lead safety by example for all employees to follow
• Promotes safety awareness and safe work practice among all the personnel on board
• Implement and lead company and operator safety programs and initiatives
• Leading participation in and compliance with the Permit to Work system
• Conduct pre-tour and pre-job safety meetings in compliance with the company requirements (which includes use of the 4-Point check / Energy Wheel and TBRA tools), ensuring that crews have participated fully in discussions, have determined the safest method to complete the task and have a full understanding of the work to be performed (especially their individual role)
• Report all hazards and positively intervene in all observed unsafe acts (Stop Work Authority)
• Participate in emergency drills, including post-drill debriefs
• Attend General Safety Meetings
• Member of the Maintenance Team for all emergencies, as described in the Contingency and Emergency Manual
• Instruct his crews in the safest work methods and provide On-the-Job training
• Carry out all work activities within the guidelines of Company or Operator Policies or Procedures
• Ensuring he is familiar with any delegated responsibilities as detailed in the Operators Emergency Response Plan
• Ensure that they and the persons under their authority properly use and care for their personal protective equipment
• Ensure that all work areas for personnel are always, so far as reasonably practical, safe and clean
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/970800_senior_electrician/