Company: Parker Drilling Management Services Inc Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck Experience: 2 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee Salary: Negotiable Location: Hattiesburg, MS, US Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is responsible for supporting the Company’s drilling projects by safely performing various manual tasks throughout the rig site.Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* Will assist with the rig up and down of the drilling rig.
* Assist with assembling and disassembling the Blowout Preventer (B.O.P.) components.
* As needed, will assist with the repair and maintenance of mud pumps, shale shakers, desander, desilter, and degasser units.
* Set and pull the drill pipe or drill collar slips and clamps.
* Operate the air hoist to assist with moving heavy loads.
* Rack and tail drill pipe during tripping operations.
* Responsible for cleaning mast and substructure.
* Perform general maintenance of drawworks, rotary transmissions and rotary table oils.
* Daily dig and/or clean ditches around the drilling rig.
* Bi-weekly clean out mud pits.
* Abide by Company policies and procedures.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A High School diploma is required.
* Should have at least 2 years of work experience in the drilling industry.
* Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
* Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.Physical Demands
Must be able to work 12 hours per day, 14 days on and 14 days off. Must be able to ride in a boat: climb to heights of approximately 200 feet while carrying tools, equipment and supplies up and down a ladder: load and unload boats and barges; swing on a rope; and be able to swim.Work Environment
Will be required to travel various dock location along the Gulf Coast for crew change. You may be subject to extreme temperatures during winter and summer months. Exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, (such as tanks, pits, vessels, etc.) chemicals, mud, mud additive, grease and oils. Will be required to work from ladders/ scaffolds, and other various heights. Will be required to work with teams of employees and working alone. Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination simultaneously. Must be able to tolerate continuous vibration and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, a hard hat, steel toed safety boots, hearing protection, respirator, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.Safety Accountabilities
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
* Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
* Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
* Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
* Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
* As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.