Company: Petroleum Development Oman Skills: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor, Drilling Engineering, Well Intervention Other Skills: Well Engineering Experience: 8 + Years Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree Location: Muscat, Oman Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Purpose of Job
To supervise on-site safe and efficient, Frac, Well Test, LP/HP WRM, Completion or Integrity Operations and to ensure hydrocarbon production targets are achieved within budget whilst maintaining company HSE, technical, quality and operational standards.
To provide technical expert advice pertaining to HP WRM and Integrity Operations to the Asset Directorates.
Ensure that CWI (Frac, Well Test, LP/HP WRM, Completion or Integrity) activities, on-site or in a workshop, are executed efficiently and in a safe manner, in compliance with Personal Health and Safety, Wells Process Safety and Environmental Protection Standards, as outlined in CP-122, Health, Safety and Environment Mgmt System – CoP as well as CP-178, Well Delivery CoP and subordinate standards.
Ensure that all CWI activities are optimally planned and executed efficiently to facilitate the delivery of wells that meet the customer’s requirements to achieve the company’s business objectives and production targets.
Risk Advisor for CWI activities.
Set priorities for optimal resource allocation for WRM and Integrity operations
Utilize all available performance improvement tools.
Ensure use of the Well Engineering KIM framework and contribute towards making UWD a learning organization.
Motivation, Coaching, Mentoring and Development of people within his/ her organization
Lead people on the assigned work unit to exhibit Lean behaviours, in compliance with PDO’s corporate Lean deployment Model, in all activities performed within their daily business to realize continuous sustained performance improvement
Live the PDO Values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People), exhibit the PDO behaviours (Delivery, Speed, Simplicity, External Focus Commercial Mindset) and act as role model for colleagues and subordinates
Bachelor or Master of Engineering/Science degree in an Engineering or Geosciences discipline
8 years in Well Engineering, mostly in the field
• To allocate WRM and Integrity resources (people and equipment) at short notice to maximize value delivery
• To satisfy customers from 9 clusters, spread across two directorates, whilst ensuring that resources are utilized to achieve an overall optimum for PDO.
• In case of emergency situations related to well integrity, to immediately mobilize equipment and personnel
• To maintain a minimum but adequate stock of well heads, Christmas trees and other spare parts to be able to re-instate well integrity all different well types in PDO’s LP well stock.
• To manage slick line resources which are shared between rigs, hoists and stand-alone operations to achieve an overall optimum for PDO
• IWCF (Pass)
• Emergency Management (Awareness)
• HSE Leadership (Knowledge)
• Personal Effectiveness (Knowledge)
• Incident Investigation (Knowledge)
• Well Planning & Design (knowledge)
• Wells Operations (Skill)
• Leadership (Knowledge)
• People Management (Knowledge)
• Talent Management (Awareness)
• Commercial Acumen (Awareness)
• Contract Management (Awareness)
• Project Management (Knowledge)
• WE Software Applications (WellCat, StressCheck, WellPlan) (Awareness)
• Geo-mechanics (Awareness)