Company: Chevron Skills: A B Seaman Education: High School/Secondary Location: Richmond, California, United States Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.Overview:
The Sailors’ Union of the Pacific (SUP) represents all unlicensed personnel employed on the Company’s US Flag seagoing vessels.
You must hold a current USCG Merchant Mariner Document, STCW 95 endorsements, valid passport, Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and Tankerman Assist (in order to complete the necessary prerequisites, Tankerman Assist endorsement may be waived for the initial tour of duty).
The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 90 days for unlicensed personnel. Vacation will accrue at 25 days for each 30 days of work.
Chevron USA – Marine periodically has job openings for the position of Able Bodied Seaman located on one of their US Flag fleet of vessels.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Performs “Helmsman” duties as required receiving direct verbal orders on steering directions or courses from the Deck Watch Officer, Master, Pilot or Mooring Master and manually manipulating the vessel’s wheel.
• Stands at sea “Lookout” watches as required.
• Stands “Hose” and “Gangway” watch while in port insuring that hose pressures do not exceed authorized allowances and that no leakage occurs during the transfer of cargo; keeps a continuous lookout to prevent unauthorized personnel from boarding the vessel and insures that the gangway is always properly rigged.
• Stands cargo watch communicating gauge tape readings to watch officer and assist with turning of cargo valves.
• Assists the Deck Officer on watch during loading and discharging operations, performing all functions and other such duties that may arise.
• Performs maintenance and other seaman’s duties required on deck, under the direction of the Bosun or Chief Mate.Safety:
• Active and positive participant in monthly safety meeting.
• Points out unsafe acts or conditions to everyone on board.
• Stops work if unsafe conditions or practices are uncovered.
• Able to participate in an Emergency Response team.Teamwork/Working With Others:
• Effective in relating to others
• Willing to assist others.
• Works well under pressure.
• Maintains an appropriate demeanor and appearance.Required Qualifications:
Pre-employment screening consists of:
• DOT drug testing & Non-DOT hair drug test
• Background check
• Physical examination
• Functional capacity evaluation
• Current USCG Merchant Mariner document
• STCW 95
• Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
• Valid Passport
• Basic Training
• VPDSD Endorsement
• USCG Medical CertificatePreferred Qualifications:
• Tankerman Assist (In order to complete the necessary prerequisites, Tankerman Assist endorsement may be waived for the initial tour of duty).Relocation Options:
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San FranciscoNearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone’s Ideal Employer Rankings – find out more here.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/973764_able_bodied_seaman_1/