Company: Nabors Skills: Casing, Floorhand / Roughneck, Coil Tubing Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Location: New Iberia, LA, US Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Tubular Services Technician II (Tong Operator I).
To properly place and operate conventional casing tools and equipment, validate requirements for jobs, and make-up casing to required torque.
• Maintain equipment and provide field support.
• Work in conjunction with the Pusher, Stabber, and Floorhand to validate requirements, verify jobs and equipment, and to make-up the casing to the required torque.
• Identify and document defects on the tong and HPU and troubleshoot equipment defects that may be a problem in the field.
• Communicate test results to group and use expertise to assist both internal and external customers.
• Train other team members on procedure concepts and equipment.
• Financial responsibilities will be communicated by manager and/or local or global Delegation of Authority, when applicable
• Compliance with all Nabors Policies, Systems, and Standards, including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSE, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One (1) year experience in the Casing Installation Industry
• Common knowledge of sizes and weights of casing
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Safety and service oriented
• Team player
• Positive attitude
• Good problem solving skills
• Requires the ability to stand up to ½ of the time.
• Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, over 2/3 of the time.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds, unassisted.
• Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Requires the ability to talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time.
• Requires repetitive motions
• Typically works in a moderately noisy environment.
• Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building.
The Nabors companies own and operate approximately 521 land drilling rigs throughout the world and approximately 607 land workover and well servicing rigs in North America. Nabors’ actively marketed offshore fleet consists of 40 platform rigs, 12 jackup units and 4 barge rigs in the United States and multiple international markets.
In addition, Nabors is one of the largest providers of hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acid pressure pumping services with approximately 805,000 hydraulic horsepower currently in service.
Nabors also manufactures top drives and drilling instrumentation systems and provides comprehensive oilfield hauling, engineering, civil construction, logistics, and facilities maintenance and project management services. Nabors participates in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.