Company: Nabors Drilling International Gulf FZE Skills: Rig Instrument Tech Other Skills: Technical writing skills, knowledge in setting up hardware/software & experience in Windows 7 operating system Experience: 6 + Years Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee Salary: Competitive Location: Kuwait Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Rig Technician provides support to Nabors businesses and the directions of the Nabors Corporate Services Information Technology (IT) Department. The position reports to the Regional Support Manager, Middle East and requires frequent contact with other IT personnel, other Nabors businesses, field personnel, and various Nabors corporate departments.
· Regional support of Nabors network equipment including routers, switches, wireless access points, computers, printers, and any Nabors IT owned hardware directed to be maintained or serviced at the rig and field operational locations.
· Support of the field communications package (satellite antenna, rig managers computers, etc)
· Support of other third party (Canrig) rig instrumentation packages hardware and software.
· Assisting the IT Projects Coordinator with field testing at the direction of the IT Regional Support Manager.
· Tracking support issues in a call-tracking system and maintaining the knowledge base.
· Helping the Regional Support Manager identify recurrent issues and provide guidance on potential solutions
· Generating technical bulletins, documenting new software/hardware, and documenting changes to existing software/hardware.
· Setting up hardware/software for the purpose of testing new or changed products before they are released in the Nabors field environment
· Monitor field networks using myAnalytics and other tools available to Tier 1 support technicians to proactively report or address potential issues in offices and field operations.
· Support level knowledge of the Windows 7 operating system.
· Technical writing skills.
· Tier 1 Support knowledge of networking and networking equipment. Must have demonstrable knowledge of basic troubleshooting.
· Working knowledge of basic electronics and the use of a Volt Ohm meter.
· Experience and Educational Requirements: Must have graduated High School at a minimum. Must have 4 years of relate experience and a minimum of 2 years of project support experience preferred.
· Knowledge or experience of drilling rig operations and rig instrumentation will be viewed positively.
· Intermediate MS Office skills; MS Visio, and Process Documentation.
· Professional presence and demeanor.
· Ability to accurately prepare statistical and narrative reports.
· Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to develop new ideas and work independently.
· Creative thinker and problem solver.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to travel as extensively.
· Ability to interact collaboratively with internal and external clients.
The Nabors companies own and operate approximately 521 land drilling rigs throughout the world and approximately 607 land workover and well servicing rigs in North America. Nabors’ actively marketed offshore fleet consists of 40 platform rigs, 12 jackup units and 4 barge rigs in the United States and multiple international markets.
In addition, Nabors is one of the largest providers of hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acid pressure pumping services with approximately 805,000 hydraulic horsepower currently in service.
Nabors also manufactures top drives and drilling instrumentation systems and provides comprehensive oilfield hauling, engineering, civil construction, logistics, and facilities maintenance and project management services. Nabors participates in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.