Company: Nabors Skills: Rig Mechanic, Electrical Technician, Electrician Experience: 5 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Location: Williston, ND, US Status: Active
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.Authorized to work in: US
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…. We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified IRCS Technician
Responsibilities include troubleshooting and commissioning Rig control systems and integrated rig equipment on drilling rigs in the assigned geographic region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist higher level tech with troubleshooting rig control systems.
• Assist higher level tech with commissioning rig control systems.
• Troubleshoot simple electrical issues on rig control systems.
• Commission generators
• Fix complex issues with generator controls
• Fix complex issues with VFD drives and controls
• Calibrate sensors via HMI
• Program all generator control components
• Fix issues with automated drilling functions
• Commission and troubleshoot revit
• Commission and troubleshoot rockit
• Extensive travel to customer locations (land and offshore).
• Providing 24 hour on-call technical support while on rotation.
• Customer relations and field sales of CANRIG products and services.
• Maintain company issued tools and be knowledgeable and skillful in the use of these tools.
• Compliance with safety standards, regulations, reporting and certifications.
• Complete required paperwork, documentation and billing accurately and timely.
• Utilization of time management.
• Compliance with Level III IRCS Competence Assessment Management System requirements and required entry level training.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 year experience in the drilling industry.
Must be computer literate, have ability to analyze and report to management, and able to multi-task.
Fluent in English. Ability to read and write, comprehend complex instructions, write short correspondence,
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of using Microsoft word and exel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
• Advanced training in Microsoft Office
• Associates Degree or advanced training
• Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas industry
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Oral communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
• Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
· Walking or standing for long periods of time
· Bending or stooping
· Climbing stairs and/or ladders
· Lifting up to 50lbs
· Use of hand tools
· Operating a vehicle
The Nabors companies own and operate approximately 521 land drilling rigs throughout the world and approximately 607 land workover and well servicing rigs in North America. Nabors’ actively marketed offshore fleet consists of 40 platform rigs, 12 jackup units and 4 barge rigs in the United States and multiple international markets.
In addition, Nabors is one of the largest providers of hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acid pressure pumping services with approximately 805,000 hydraulic horsepower currently in service.
Nabors also manufactures top drives and drilling instrumentation systems and provides comprehensive oilfield hauling, engineering, civil construction, logistics, and facilities maintenance and project management services. Nabors participates in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/970053_ircs_technician_level_iii/