Company: QES Directional Drilling Skills: Directional Driller Experience: 2 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Location: Willis, Texas, United States Status: Active
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.Located in region: North America
QES Directional Drilling is a premium independent provider of horizontal and directional drilling services throughout the North American unconventional landscape. QES specializes in directional drilling and measure-while-drilling services that provide a complete guidance solution for directional and horizontal wells.
QES Directional Drilling is now accepting resumes for Directional Drilling Supervisor positions at the following locations:Gulf Coast District – Willis, TXAppalachia Mountain District – Morgantown, WVMid-Con District – Oklahoma City, OKRocky Mountain District – Mills, WYWest Texas District – Odessa, TX
The Directional Drilling Supervisor (DDS) performs directional drilling services and promotes a safety minded culture in accordance with the QES safety standards. The DDS plans, executes, and manages all phases of a directional drilling job to deliver services that meet client expectations and internal standards. He/she also provides technical support to clients and other QES crew members at the well site.
The Directional Drilling Supervisor has 6 levels depending on experience, competency, ability, etc.
The Directional Drilling Supervisor reports directly to the Directional Drilling Coordinator
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• ADVISES CUSTOMER/CLIENT ON ALL ASPECTS OF THE JOB
• Proficient use of Directional drilling computer software
• Able to analyze survey calculations, well-to-well clearance calculations, ellipse of uncertainty calculations, well path projections, BHA analysis and understanding.
• Ensures well profile plots are kept up to date and provides client representative with directional survey data.
• Fully conversant with client’s requirements with regards to well clearance, proximity and surveying procedures.
• Ensures a daily Directional Drilling report is completed and copied to client’s offshore and onshore drilling teams, and to the Directional Drilling Coordinator.
• Ensures a full and proper BHA performance report is completed for each BHA run.
• Ensures all service tickets and relevant paperwork is fully completed and signed by the client representative if required prior to leaving work site.
• Ensures that the Directional Drilling aspects of the well being drilled comply with client’s approved drilling program. If a deviation from the well plan is required, the authorization for such deviation shall be sought from client representative.
• Ensure that all company equipment for use in the directional portion of the work is inspected when delivered to the work site to check that the correct number, configuration, connections, crossovers, parts, spares and documentation are present and correct to satisfy the work scope. Effectively manages inventory and supplies required at the well site.
• Interfaces with the Measurement While Drilling (MWD) engineer to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
• Responsible for maintaining records of all Directional Drilling equipment at well site including dimensional data and condition.
• Ensures that all equipment is laid out after use according to company procedures and manifested for backload at the end of the job.
• May assists in the training and development of junior directional drilling personnel.
• Fosters teamwork among all personnel involved in the performance of the service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Sets
• High School or Equivalent
• Computer literate; competent in Windows XP or equivalent and MS Office
• Good writing skills and organizational skills
• Able to following set procedures and standards
• Able to apply basic mathematical skills
• Able to following oral and/or written directions
• Able to read and writing
• Able to recognize and report safety hazards
• Able to reach in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials
• Able to coordinate the movement of eyes, hands and fingers to operate machines and equipment
• Able to lift 75 lb. from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead
• Able to carry objects on level ground, un-level ground, on ladders etc.
• Able to stand; sit; walk; see with or without correction
• Able to hear with or without correction
• Protective equipment will be required to be worn at all times.
• Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site will be indoor/outdoor climate with various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, and etc.
• 2+ year’s oilfield/utility/drilling related work experience (amount of experience will determine position level)
• Work for extended periods away from domicile and family at all hours of the day or night, as required and be able to perform the duties required at a superior level.
• Travel extended distances and to all areas of the U.S. required.
• On call status 24/7
• Able to work with others in a team environment
• Ability to work both a day or a night shift schedule
• Able to provide a valid Driver’s license
• Must pass pre-employment background check.
• Must pass pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and/or post-accident drug screens.