Company: Basic Energy Services Skills: Derrickman Experience: 1 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Location: Bakersfield, CA, US Status: Active No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Summary description of Position: Responsible for all work in the mast above the drilling floor. Maintains drilling fluid circulating system and equipment.Major duties:
• Aligns and manipulates sections of pipe or drill stem from a platform on the rig derrick during the removal and replacement of strings of pipe, or drill stem and drill bit
• Assists in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs
• Operates and maintains drilling rig diesel motors, transmissions, pumps and drilling mud systems, and mix mud chemicals, cements and additives
• Reads gauges to monitor pressure, density, rate and concentration and adjust pumping procedure as required
• Records mud flows and volumes and take samples
• Performs Other Duties as AssignedQualifications and SkillsRequired:
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
• Must have knowledge of oilfield operationsPhysical Requirements:
• Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 100 pounds
• Ability to enter confined spaces above the drilling floor by the use of ladders or other access devices
• Long periods of standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching or similar activities may be necessaryReach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
Highly competitive salaries
Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
Go to vacancy page: https://www.rigzone.com/oil/jobs/postings/972172_derrickhand_bakersfield_2204/